This year I am running the London Marathon in aid of Guidcare, a leading local Sussex based social care charity, supporting people to live well, enjoy life, and love every day
Guidcare run a wealth of community services that support older people, people living with dementia, and children and adults with learning disabilities.
How your donation can help
- £4 could pay for resources such as footballs, craft materials, sensory equipment, and more for our services.
- £12 could pay for one hour of care with a specially trained carer.
- £20 could pay for development to the garden, sensory room, and other facilities at their Fitzalan Howard Centre.
- £24 could pay for two hours of a specially trained carer to provide support to isolated people.
Each year over 3,000 people and their families will be touched by one of our diverse range of more than 30 community services. These will include:
- Home care service
- Community transport service
- Respite and short breaks for carers of people living with dementia, or who are frail or elderly
- Support services for families of children and adults with disabilities and additional needs
- Day services for older people
- Three care homes providing dementia, nursing, residential and respite care
- Supported housing schemes and assisted living accommodation
Thank you in advance for your kindness.